Friday, November 25, 2011

Little Pirate Dude!


So from time to time at Sunset Beach Weddings, we encounter funny, but harmless incidents on the beach.  Most of the time, they involve children.  This story happened in Panama City Beach at St Andrews State Park.   The park is a popular spot for families to go to the beach for the day.

I was officiating a small wedding straight down from the boardwalk just to the east of the Pier.  We were right at the water's edge.  We had made a Heart in the Sand for the couple with red rose petals in the heart.  The beach was almost deserted except for us and a few other people waiting to watch the sunset.

Our couple walk down to the heart together, and as I turn to face them, I see out of the corner of my eye a young pirate up near the dunes.  He looks shipwrecked!  He's meandering down the edge of the sea grass poking in the sand with a stick.  My attention goes back to our couple and the ceremony.  Vows continue as normal and as I turn around to pick up the sand unity jar, I see the young privateer watching the wedding from a distance.  Then after, as our couple celebrates their new marriage with a kiss, I see him clap, turn, and wander back the way he came.  Looking for his buried treasure no doubt!

The strangest thing, is that we never saw parents, and he seemed to be in character the entire time.  You'd never believe me, if I hadn't snapped off a photo with my phone after the ceremony.  It's a little grainy, but you can see the buccaneer just enough.  Was it my imagination?

Sunset Beach Weddings Little Pirate Dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment